Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Sofa time = knitting time

I've found myself in the knitting mood rather than the sewing mood lately. I guess it's a result of a quite busy life at the moment, so every sofa moment is sacred, and then the knitting is more suitable than sewing.



This cardigan was intended for a wedding where I was planning to wear my flowers-and-polkadot dress. I was a bit ambitious, buying the yarn one week before the wedding, knowing deep down that I wouldn't have time to knit constantly until the wedding. It was finished two and a half weeks later, but I'm very pleased with it and I'm sure there will be plenty opportunities to wear it. The pattern costs $4.00 on Ravelry, provided by Xandy Peters.

The Beret is inspired by the talented Tasha from By Gum, By Golly and her Sunday Pictorial Beret. I didn't have access to the pattern she used, and made a version of the free pattern Classic French Beret made by Erika. This pattern is so easy, and I'm already planning several berets for the autumn.

Find me here on Ravelry!


2 comments:

Solveig said...

The cardigan looks great! Too bad you didn't get to wear it for the wedding, with a red cardigan you just can't go wrong. :)
And the beret is perfect, the bow is the prick over the i! ;P Du skjønner hva jeg mener.

xandy said...

Hey, Thanks for the shout out on the cardigan, I've always loved the way yours turned out. I did not know how well you could sew though. Your dresses are super awesome and inspire me to start learning flat patterning.

So great.