I have to credit Julia Bobbin for the revival of my sewing mojo. I was working on a swayback adjustment on my standard pattern, but had a hard time on deciding which fabric I should try out the adjusted pattern with. I spotted her Joan Holloway copy-cat dress, and announced the Mad Men Dress Challenge! I started to mentally design my version immediately, knowing that I had some fabric in my stash that would suit this dress, and indeed there was! A moss green stretchy polyester-something that had been lying around for years. Slashing into that fabric was less scary than the idea of cutting the newly adjusted dress pattern in the gorgeous fabrics I bought in New York, so the dress was cut by Tuesday and almost done by Saturday. I did some last minute work on the details Saturday evening, making the dress wearable for a concert with my favourite band the same evening. Deadlines are the best!
The neckline ribbon is lacking as I didn't buy enough, but that'll be fixed by tomorrow, and the dress will be perfectly finished long before the Mad Men Dress Challenge deadline!