Sunday, 13 June 2010

All I can think about is dresses!

Summer is visiting, and that influence my way of dressing. And all I want to wear is dresses. With all my stash, ready to join Zoe's stash bustin' project, I make up dresses in my head as I work, in my sleep, while I eat... meaning constantly. I'm not tired of my basic block, but browsing through Butterick patterns yesterday made me dream about perfectly fitted commercial patterns. I mean, they do come in different sizes, and I have promised myself to practice tissue fitting and muslin making! So, without saying I will make all these, I want  something similar to these Butterick dresses: Top row: B6582, B5350, B5315, and B5029; bottom row B5209, B5176 and B4443.

I would also love to try out the Ceylon dress from Colette Patterns. Tilly shows off her stunning Hollywood starlet version in the picture below, and I've also seen a brilliant version on the blog Needles, thread and love.


Oh, and by the way, I've styled my hair into the smallest victory roll ever, but it is a victory roll, nevertheless! Not as nice looking as Miss Margarita or Brittany, but with my short hairstyle what could I expect...

7 comments:

lola said...

I love your red dress!Very Beautiful!

frk.bustad said...

Oh, Lola, it's not mine! I just love Tilly's version of the Ceylon, so I asked her if it was OK to post it as inspiration...

Lizzy said...

I love all the dresses!! I really want the first one the 50's one with the full skirt, when you sew one you have to post it right away!!!

milli said...

Go Helene!

Lily said...

I love love love that black dress with the bows at the shoulders. Have wanted that for AGES.

Love the victory roll!

Zinnia Cress said...

oh! i've recently jsut purchased teh butterick retro pats- B4790 and B6582- i can't wait to try these out! :)

can't wait to see yours too! :)

-Zinnia

Miss Margarita said...

Hei, jeg har jo vært helt bortevekk, først NÅ så jeg at du hadde linket til meg ;) Hyggelig!
Jeg syns du fikk til en søt liten rull jeg, jeg greide det aldri når jeg hadde så kort hår!