Sunday, 2 May 2010

Minnie-Me for Me-Made-May-Lite

I've told you how I've actually been wanting to do paperdolls again, and guess what? I did! And all because of the Me-Made-May challange by So Zo... She did a Me-Made-March in well, March, where she only wore items made by herself, and decided she wanted to try once more, and make it 'bigger, brighter, more colourful and more fun'. And with that she challenged her readers to join in! She modified requirements for us who saw it as a too big challenge, and presented us for the Me-Made-May-Lite, where the aim is to wear at least one handmade garment each day. The lite version appeals to me, but being realistic and honest, I know that I won't post a picture everyday, so I'm going to do another version, partly inspired by Polka Dot Overload's Mini-Wardrobe Storyboard. So I hereby introduce you to Minnie-Me!

My drawing skills are nothing to brag about (I made an improvised light table for Minnie-Me... I guess you can recognise the picture from the flamingo shirt photos), but I will make paper clothes of what I wear every day, and make a post about once a week during May. Fun at work, sewing meltdown and sunny weather have kept me from sewing, but I hope this challenge inspires me to wear new clothes as I haven't prepared any new ones for Me-Made-May. Yet. 

Apropos sewing meltdown... The fact that I managed to shorten the same leg on a pair of jeans twice made me quite resigned... But today is a new day. Happy sewing!

5 comments:

Zoe said...

What a cute idea! I can't wait to see your paper doll all dressed up!

stephanie said...

I love your paper doll!

Tilly said...

Oh wow, can't wait to see them!

Lizzy said...

Hey! what a great idea!!! I really want to see the paper dresses! and your drawing is great!

FruBendiksen said...

Can she please wear the double-shortened jeans? ;-)