Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Flamingoer? / Flamingos?

Noen ganger skal man overraske seg selv, og det gjorde jeg da jeg falt for flamingostoffet. Det skal bli skjorte, men det var ikke før jeg hadde begynt å klippe at jeg skjønte at dette kanskje kommer til å bli en hawaiiskjorte... Tiden vil vise hvor vellykket det blir! Den røde (nyttårs)kjolen er forresten nesten helt ferdig, men jeg er ikke fornøyd med passformen (ja, jeg er perfeksjonist!). Jeg virkelig begynne å sy prøvemodeller.
We should surprise ourselves sometimes, and I certainly did when I fell for this flamingo fabric. It's going to be a shirt, but it wasn't until I started cutting the fabric I realized that this might become a Hawaii-shirt... Time will show if this turns into a success. By the way, the red (New Years Eve-) dress is nearly done, but I'm not entirely happy with the fit (a true perfectionist, that's me!). I really have to start working with muslins.

2 comments:

Fleur said...

Hi!

Love that flamingo fabric!! It could be a great summer shirt-dress if you have enough fabric.

On another note - how do you get the english translation below? I want to add french to mine. do you type it or have a widget?

frk.bustad said...

Hi Fleur! Maybe I could make a shirt-dress as well? The shirt is cut and partly sewn together, so it'll be a shirt anyhow!

The English translation is done by me, typed manually... I don't know if there exists a widget, but I guess you could get help from Google translator? I also have Firefox spelling-check add-in helping me out...